National Rebuilding Day is a one day repair blitz where volunteers work to make a neighborhood safe and healthy through community clean-ups and home repairs.
There are numerous ways to assist with National Rebuilding day:
- General Volunteer(s) – Volunteer either individually or as a group work on Rebuilding Day assisting with repairs and/or other projects. (skilled or unskilled)
- House Captain – Acts as project manager on a home project. Budgets supplies, edits provided work scope based on abilities and volunteer group, oversees completion of repairs and manages volunteers, schedule, and homeowner. (skilled or experience with home repair)
- Block Captain – Acts as project manager on a community project. Leads the volunteers in the completion of work scope. (skilled or unskilled)
- Volunteer Coordinator – Assists House/Block Captains with managing volunteers and homeowner relations. Coordinates lunches, forms, t-shirts, project site photography and helps keep volunteers safe and busy on Rebuilding Day. (no skilled needed)
- HQ Assistant – Helps at HQ with day-of logistics, item requests, volunteer sign-in, lunch prep and general support with end-of-day logistics. (no skill needed)
- Roaming Skilled Trades – Assists with critical repairs that come up during the day as house captains request. (skilled)
Are you not available for National Rebuilding Month/Day? Check out our other individual volunteer opportunities here.